Monday, June 21, 2010

Welcome!

Since the Vons Credit Union is all about people, I thought it would be great to have a blog dedicated to meeting the diverse, talented, brilliant, hilarious, strong, ridiculous, quirky, sassy, supportive, and familial staff.
Norma and Nelly tricked out in Laker gear.
Jay and Gary being cheery.
Who am I, you say? My name is Kate and I am the newest addition to the VonsCU team! As the Social Media Coordinator, my job is to help communicate all the amazing things that are happening at the VonsCU to our awesome members. Did you know that in 2009 the VonsCU installed solar panels that have produced the equivalent of 3,970 gallons of gas to date? Or that they have a fundraiser BBQ for a different local charity every Friday?

The Credit Union cares so deeply about the health of their employees that they offer free staff yoga at lunch on Tuesday's and Thursday's. Plus, there's a free gym at the office and a free personal trainer who has guaranteed me Jlo's booty by August. I can barely walk, but it's worth it, right?

When I found out about these programs, I understood that the VonsCU is about way more than money (though they've got some game in that department). It is committed to helping people get their financial feet on the ground. It's about caring for members and employees as if they were family.

To bring you closer to the people I'm proud to call my colleagues and friends, I'll be publishing little interviews with them once a week. Since I'm an advocate of practicing what you preach, I thought we'd start with me!

Name: Kate McCarthy

Occupation: Social Media Coordinator

How long have you worked for VonsCU: ummm….3 weeks!

Hometown: Pasadena Ca

Favorite sports team: Since I went to University in Canada, I’m going to have to go with the Habs. Hockey is pretty sweet.

Dogs or Cats: I have two cats- Lily and Dodger. I like dogs but don’t want to take care of one on my own. So high maintenance!

If you could have one superpower what would it be and why:

I would be able to open the packaging on electronic goods in under 3 seconds. Trying to get headphones and what not out of the package is sooo frustrating. Kills me.

If I take a look inside your refrigerator what would I find:

Lots and lots of fruits and veggies, half of the lemon meringue pie I made yesterday, string cheese, and Two Buck Chuck.

If you could travel anywhere in the world right now, where would you go: Probably Buenos Aires or New Zealand. I really like sheep.

If you could trade places with any other person for a week, who would you trade places with: Michelle Obama. Her life must be fascinating.


Favorite movie: Julie and Julia (it would be hard to make a movie more tailored to me- blogs, cooking, 1950's paris, contemporary Queens, Meryl Streep). Also, Cool Hand Luke because Paul Newman is the best.

Favorite song right now: Katy Perry- California Gurls. I’m proud to be a SoCal girl through and through.

If someone made a movie about your life, who would you want to play you: Maggie Gyllenhall or Janeane Garofolo


If you won $20 million in the lottery, what would you do with the money: Buy a house in Silverlake, a house in East Hampton, and a vineyard in Paso Robles. Invest like a motha. Take my best friends on an all expenses paid trip to somewhere, hot, sandy, and with chrystal blue water. Take a ton of art classes. Buy excessive amounts of shoes.

Any other fun tidbits to share: I love to hike, swim, play tennis, and play soccer. I make a mean cupcake and I write a blog!



Here's a few photos of things I love!




No comments:

Post a Comment